Digital Product Designers - Summer Internship 2022
Do you want to make global industry more sustainable, efficient and human? We are looking for design interns who want to make an impact in the real world, changing how people work today and shaping the industry of tomorrow. Cognite is a young, talented, fast-growing software company with the ambition to build the world's best industrial brain. A brain to empower the digital industrial revolution on a global scale and make the industry safer, more efficient and more sustainable.
The award-winning design team at Cognite currently counts 20 designers, and we are looking to expand the team further. The design team is involved in everything from envisioning future industrial realities, laying product strategies, conceptualizing new product ideas to fine-tuning existing digital products.
Here are some examples of what previous interns have been working on:
- Designing and building a data platform to monitor the health of the world’s oceans
- Designing mobile 3D experiences for industrial field workers
- Enriching engineering diagrams using Computer Vision
- Designing collaborative solutions in industrial charting applications
- Designing control app for the Boston Dynamics Spot robot to autonomously inspect industrial facilities
- We are looking for students who have completed at least 2 years of higher education in the summer of 2022.
- You demonstrate genuine craftsmanship and love of design
- You enjoy diving into complex challenges and have managed to tackle highly technical / domain-specific design problems in the past
- You love to design for the real world, not only for beautiful portfolios
- You enable the team around you to deliver thoughtfully designed digital products
- You like solving problems end to end (especially if this means learning something new!)
- You enjoy working closely together with super-powered developers
About what we can offer you next summer:
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to work with and learn from great people on projects that create real impact
- All the tools you need to be productive
- Paid lunch, snacks, soft drinks (soda and smoothies), and yogurts free of charge in the office.
- Flat structure with direct access to leaders
- 1-2 weeks vacation as agreed with Cognite
- Mentorship from Cognite
- Working closely with real designers, on features that goes into production
Practical information about the Internship:
- The period of the internship is June 13th to August 12th (Start date can be earlier, but no later than June 13th)
- Attach a copy of your certificates/transcripts or a link to vitnemalsportalen.no when you apply
- Attach a design portfolio/work examples when you applyThe application deadline is: 02.10.2021
Read about the Summer internships 2020:
Cognite is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment at work and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive the same level of consideration for employment; everyone we hire will receive the same level of consideration for training, compensation, and promotion.
We ask for gender as part of our application because we want to ensure equal assessment in the recruitment process. Your answer will help us reach this commitment! However, the question about gender is optional and your choice not to answer will not affect the assessment of your application in any way.
The key to industrial digitalization lies in data liberation. Heavy-asset industries like oil and gas, shipping, manufacturing, and power and utilities already have the data. Now they need software to collect, clean, and contextualize the data. A resource to transform the data into information and to stimulate a thriving ecosystem of industrial applications.
Cognite Data Fusion (CDF) presents a digital representation of industrial reality to make it accessible and meaningful for humans and machines.
With CDF, our industrial customers can harness the potential of advanced analytics, deploy algorithms, and build customized applications. We make it possible to maximize the strategic value of data. Realizing the promise of digitalization
To succeed, we need a lot of skill-sets, such as backend programming with large scale distributed systems, real-time systems, machine learning, optimization, web frontends, 3D-models, robots and more. We need project managers who can be consultants for our customers. It will be a very exciting environment where team members will learn new skills from some of the best.
Why work for Cognite?
- You will have a real impact on our customers and Cognite
- Free snacks and drinks throughout the day
- Opportunity to work for, and contribute to the growth of one of the most exciting and fastest-growing new software companies in the world
- Competitive salary and benefits (including pension plans, insurance, parental benefits and more)
- Coverage of mobile telephone subscription and broadband connection
- Extended private health services and free yearly health check
- Subsidized lunch at the canteen, with various food options (pizza/sushi)
- Free staffed gym
- Social activities (book club, team sports activities - football, boxing, regular Cognite social events)
- Free online Norwegian courses for levels A1 and A2